04 March 2015

A Message from Mother

Wanda Gordon "BiggaMomma" Burns has a short message for you all:

"Everyone is beautiful in their own way!"

And now for some updates:
Today is Day+7 - one week since the transplant. Mother is doing as well as can be expected. She has suffered from a long list of symptoms so far, but it seems to me that the big one is extreme weakness. The best news is that she's eating and drinking regularly, and she's starting to get a little exercise by walking up and down the hallway. So, she has some good days and some bad, so we're just taking it one day at a time. The next week will be the hardest part of her journey. Thanks so much for the continued prayers, positive thoughts, good vibes/juju, etc!

I spent the night on Monday night, and I must say that Mother is one tough cookie! Between giving me the look time and time again from making her drink her water and the occasional laughs, I could tell that she is fighting like mad! (Actually, she really loves how this blog is titled "Just Let Your Soul Glow" and every time I tell her I'm posting something she says "Rrrrrrrandy Watson!" in her best Eddie Murphy impression and then giggles.)

Getting rest is easier said than done in a hospital when you have so many people coming in to check up on you - poking, prodding, sticking, and all that. But they're really doing their best to get sleep when they can.

Daddy and Angie are holding up well - they've both been two very big rocks for her.

Corey and Brandon are coming to visit this weekend, so she'll get to see her other babies soon!

No comments: