09 March 2011

Pilot Blog

Ok, ok so this isn't my first blog ever - I had a very short stint about 4 years ago when I was living in New York City and attending the Manhattan School of Music. But, I can say that I've grown a tremendous amount since then and hopefully can (re)start something constructive and stick to it! :-)

So, I'm a "Born Again Blogger." The words "born again" scare me considering the context in which I usually hear them, but I'm sure I can change my perception of those words. So here's to my first blog in a very long time! It is my "Pilot Blog" because, like a TV show, I'm planning on being around for a while. Or at least until the writer gets tired! :)

Today I had a very productive 11am hour - I stopped by the Apple Store to get a power cord for my laptop, had two spare keys to my apartment cut at Lowe's, and went grocery shopping at the Teet (Harris Teeter). Somehow I managed to get to three different locations in Greensboro and accomplish all that in an hour??? I swear I must have had one of those time changers like Hermione has in Prisoner of Azkaban... Anyways, I got home, made a delicious chocolate cake and then got ready for Ash Wednesday service at my church where I sing. Can I submit a request to have the Presbyterian sermons downgraded to Homilies for regular services? The sermons are SOOOOO long and, I'd gratefully sing more to use up the time!

Anyway, church was a beautiful service and then I joined some friends for a celebratory drink since our friend Karen vanquished her Comprehensive Exams earlier in the day. Now I'm off to pack for this weekend's trip to Orlando! As Charlie Sheen would say... "WINNING!"

Live, Laugh, and Love!
Kelly

No comments: